AFFILIATON AND RECOGNITION (B.Ed)
The college is affiliated to the Panjabi University, Patiala and is recognized by NCTE, Jaipur. Admission to B.Ed course shall be made strictly according to rules and regulations / guidelines framed by NCTE/Punjab Govt./ Panjabi University.
AFFILIATION AND RECOGNITION (D.El.Ed)
The college is affiliated to SCERT, Chandigarh and is recognized by NCTE, Jaipur. Admission to E.T.T. course shall be made strictly according to rules and regulations / guidelines framed by NCTE/Punjab Govt.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR B.Ed COURSE
- Admission in B.Ed course would be through the rules and regulations /policies laid down by NCTE, Punjabi University Patiala.
- The duration of B.Ed course is of two academic years ( 4 semesters ).
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR D.El.Ed COURSE
Admission to D.El.Ed course would be through the rules and regulations/policies laid down by NCTE, SCERT, Punjab government.
The duration of the D.El.Ed course is of two years (annual examinations
FEE AND OTHER CHARGES
- Fee will be charged as per Punjabi university/ SCERT/ Punjab government norms.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR B.Ed COURSE
- The candidates with atleast 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree (medical/Non medical/Commerce/Arts) and or in the Master’s Degree in sciences/social sciences/Humanity, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equilent thereto and 45% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC/Physically handicapped categories in the aforesaid Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree and 50% marks for Bachelor’s in Engineerimg or Technology from a recognized university established by law in India are eligible for admission to the programme.
- There no upper age limit for candidates applying to B.Ed course .
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR D.El.Ed COURSE
- Eligibility for D.El.Ed would be 50% marks in 10+2 i.e. Senior Secondary ( 5% relaxation for SC/ST/OBC ). No candidate with reappear / compartment / result later etc. in qualifying examination shall be eligible to apply . Candidates must have passed punjabi upto Matric level /Standard.
- Maximum age limit for general category candidate will be 36 years and with 5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates .
- Any candidate who has not passed subjects English, Hindi, Punjabi, Science, Social studies and Mathematics in class X Examination shall not be eligible to apply for admission to D.El.Ed .
TEACHING SUBJECTS AVAILABLE
Teaching of Social studies Teaching of Mathematics
Teaching of Economics Teaching of Science
Teaching of History Teaching of Political science
Teaching of Commerce Teaching of Computer Science
Teaching of Punjabi Teaching of English
Teaching of Hindi
- Students shall maintain discipline and necessary decorum in and outside the classroom .
- Mobile phones are not allowed in the college premises during college hours .
- Participation in co curricular activities and games is compulsory for all the students.
- Regularity and punctuality in attendance in class and house examination is essential for all the students.
- The students must look upto the notice board atleast two times once on the commencement of the day and later before they depart from the college.
- The minimum attendance of student teachers shall be 80% for the course work including practicum and 90% for school internship (both D.El.Ed and B.Ed).
- Strict disciplinary action will be taken against students who abstain themselves from the house examinations or monthly tests.
- All the dues must be cleared by the students before they get their university roll numbers.
- The students should not damage the furniture or deface the walls with pen, pencil or any related material
- At any time during course of training, the principal may at his discretion remove the name of a student from the college rolls if he/she has been founfd guilty of misconduct.
- Political and unauthorized meeting, demonstration of all kinds, sale and distribution of books, pamphlets, posters etc. without the permission of principal in the college premises are strictly prohibited.
- Students are required to keep their identity cards issued by the college with them which is non transferrable and must be produced when demanded.
- If a student looses his/her Identity card /library card he/she can be issued a duplicate one on a payment of Rs 50.
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded.
- Leave must be got sanctioned from his/her tutorial incharge personally before it is availed of.
- Application for leave must be signed by the parents/guardians of the applicant. In case of illness the application should be supported by the medical certificate.
- Two books are to be issued to a student for a period of 15 days only.
- The books will be reissued if they are not in demand by other students.
- A fine of Rs 5 per day , per volume is charged for the book returned after due date.
- Books issued from the library should be kept very carefully and in no case be underlined or disfigured.
- If a book at the time of returning to library is found defaced or damaged in any way, the last borrower will be required to pay its price as its damages.
- Leave from college does not imply exemption from returning library books.
- The librarian is empowered to recall any book at any time.
BEYOND THE CLASSROOM
MORNING ASSEMBLY: The college starts with morning assembly everyday to invoke the blessings of almighty and makes it possible to imbibe co operative and acceptable behavior patterns.
HOUSES: To give opportunities to students for self expression , inculcating leadership qualities, understanding the concept of co operation and team spirit the students from all sections are devided into 4 houses.
- AUROBINDO HOUSE 2. GANDHI HOUSE 3. VIVEKANANDA HOUSE 4. TAGORE HOUSE
The college has set up 4 clubs to promote sense of social responsibility and to develop leadership qualities. The members of the club are chosen voluntarily. The clubs are as mentioned below;
ENVIRONMENT CLUB: The purpose of environment club is to increase awareness of the relationships b/w human actions and our environment so that steps can be taken to encourage responsible environmental behaviors for its improvement.
LEGAL LITERACY CLUB: The primary function of the club is to spread legal literacy and awareness in their neighbourhood.
HEALTH AND YOGA CLUB: Health and yoga club has been set up in which various activities are undertaken to promote health, wellness and hygiene among students.
CULTURAL AND HERITAGE CLUB: The culture and heritage club will regard students as active seekers of knowledge by throwing light on the multiplicity of history and cultural experiences that exist in India.
CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES: Co-curricular activities are organised at regular intervals of time i.e. organisation of cultural programmes, science exhibitions,improvisation of apparatus, celebration of different days and so on.